Bypass Shocks 2.5 Inch 4 Tubes ADS Racing Shocks. Bypass shocks offer the ultimate in suspension tunability. Once the domain of off road race truck and high end sand cars, bypass shocks are becoming more commonplace on non-race vehicles. Like the name implies, a bypass shock allows the user to adjust the amount of oil that bypasses the shock piston. The shock is divided into zones based on the number of tubes that are welded to the shock body. By using an external adjuster the driver, or tuner, is able to control the amount of fluid that bypasses the shock piston at each zone.
A standard bypass shock must be used in conjunction with a leaf spring or coilover as the bypass shock is not able to support the weight of the vehicle. In applications where a bypass needs to support the weight of the vehicle ADS offers an air bypass.
ADS bypass shocks use the finest materials available. ADS bypass shocks use metal stems, springs, and check balls in place of the plastic components commonly found in performance series shocks. Over time, because of the heat, plastic parts can melt and seize making the bypass adjustment inoperative.
Below are some of the features, and benefits, of ADS bypass shocks:
- Hard coat anodized Air Cylinder Quality (ACQ) aluminum reservoir with threaded cap. The threaded cap provides a much stronger, and tighter, seal virtually insuring no contamination of the reservoir by dirt, water, grime, or other particles commonly found in the external environment.
- Large spherical bearings in top and bottom caps-Large spherical bearings provide increased strength, the ability to use larger hardware and the increased protection of metal on metal contact as the shock moves.
- O-ring sealed, large diameter, steel lined high pressure reservoir hose-O-ring seal prevents risk of leak or contamination and steel lining provides 80X greater abrasion resistance compared to standard rubber. The larger diameter hose allows more fluid to flow between the reservoir and the shock body which results in more efficient cooling of the fluid.
- Large surface area billet 303 stainless steel heim spacer material-303 stainless steel does not corrode over time and the large surface area results in a much higher failure tolerance.
- Heat treated spring steel valve shim material-Spring steel has a much higher yield strength insuring that the valve shims will not deform or break even after repeated shock g-outs.
- 7075 T6 Hard Anodized aluminum shock piston-7075 hard anodized aluminum is 63 percent harder than 6061 and over twice as strong, which makes the piston incredibly resistant to heat and warping, even under the most extreme conditions.
- Induction hardened shaft material with 70RW chrome finish on 3 Inch and larger diameter shocks-Induction hardened material is significantly stronger than hardened shaft material. For extreme applications requiring large diameter shocks the induction hardened shaft will withstand forces that would snap hardened shafting.
- 6061 T6 aluminum with large spherical bearing and long body-Larger spherical bearing allows for use of larger diameter hardware and long body offers more thread engagement resulting in a stronger connection between the end and the shock
- High strength steel stem seat, check ball, and internal spring-High strength steel offers high resistance to heat and corrosion that results in long term use and repeated adjustment of bypass tubes. The result is a bypass shock that has incredible longevity and resistance to heat related failure.
- Even the strongest shocks will need to be rebuilt from time to time. ADS shocks can be completely disassembled using basic hand tools and ADS offers replacement parts and accessories so that shocks can be rebuilt, upgraded, or revalved, at home. If you would prefer ADS services your shocks we offer very reasonable rates and most shocks are rebuilt and turned around within 10 business days. ADS bypass shocks can be purchased with a remote reservoir or piggyback reservoir.
|Shock Stroke:||Collapsed Length:||Extended Length:|